Blog and Artwork updates of Singapore caricaturist, portrait artist and illustrator - Jit

Kindly note that rates quoted do not include the release of copyright ownership.
All copyright ownership resides with Portrait Workshop.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Caricature live sketching for Legrand Dealers' Party 2006 - Part 1

Rushed down to this company event (in Bukit Merah area) right after the QBE Asia Bagus! event in Oriental Hotel. As what I have expected, the traffic was heavy as usual on Friday evening. I reached the venue within 40 minutes. The initial booking of was 1 hour, from 8:15pm - 9:15pm. However, after I have sketched for 20 minutes, the queue list was so long that the client requested for extension of another hour, till 10:15pm. Around 9:30pm, they asked whether I can extend for 1 more hour. I was quite reluctant, as I was quite hungry (didn't have my dinner) and tired. Moreover, I had quite a number of drawings to be done during the weekend. I didn't gave them an answer. They asked me at 10pm again. I agreed, but told them that I need to make a call home to inform my wife that I will be late, or else she will be worried as I told her that the event will end at 9:15pm.



Haha... first time drawing this in event - wife strangling husband.


A nice one!












Best caricature done at this event. My favourite. May put up on my website later.

Received this on the 11th Dec 2006, 10:03am from the client:-

"Thank you for your effort at our event on Friday, especially for extending 2 more hours. Our guests loved your work, and you were the reason many of them stayed to have their caricatures drawn. I hope to have you again at our event the next time. '
:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...